LG - TITLE 1A PROCEDURES NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND (NCLB)
LG - TITLE 1A PROCEDURES
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND (NCLB)
For the purpose of strengthening our Title IA program, we the MSAD #35 Board of Directors are requiring our administrators and staff to comply with the following provisions:
- Parents will be informed of the reason or reasons why their child is to be involved in the Title IA program, in a timely manner.
- Parents of participating children will be actively recruited for involvement in planning, design and implementation of the Title IA program.
- The policies germane to operation of the Title IA program will be made available to parents of participating children on request.
- An annual meeting, to which all parents of participating Title IA children will be invited, will be held to explain the program and activities carried out with these funds.
- Parents of participating children will be provided with timely reports of their child’s progress in the program.
- Parent/Teacher/Title IA staff conferences will be held on a regularly scheduled basis to discuss student progress and placement, as well as methods the parents can use at home to complement the child’s instruction.
- Parents will be permitted to observe Title IA program activities.
- Parents of participating children will be made aware of parental involvement requirements; will be provided with reasonable support for requested parent involvement activities; and, to the extent possible, parental involvement activities will be coordinated with programs funded under the Adult Education Act.
Policy Adopted: November 18, 1992
Policy Revised: May 19, 1999 and October 5, 2005